A place to collect the internet buzzings on what was the most exciting and fun cruise EVAH!

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

TryJM: Mayercraft Carrier Review from Italy


Mayercraft Carrier Review from Italy




Thanks to Antonella from Italy for sending in the following MCC review and photos!

If Mayer doesn’t come to Europe, Europe goes to Mayer.

So we did. Even if Italy is not so close to the Bahamas.

Me and my friend Chiara had been planning and dreaming of our Mayercraft for so many months… we “just” had to save some money, pack our bags and take a 2h flight to Paris and then a 10h flight to Miami, did I forget to mention that I’m afraid to fly...

No panic! I WANTED to be on the ship and see his show, my first John Mayer show (I had missed it when he was in London last September, because I was not in Europe).

It was so strange seeing him just two steps away from me while the ship was sailing. In his white shirt he seemed so shy in front of all those people looking at him. (I know he is always in front of thousands of people looking at him, but that was my impression).

Strange but true… his music, every morning in my car, every evening in my home, and every time I need something that I don’t know what it is… and everytime it is able to make my day just a little brighter… his voice is a part of my day, so familiar, so comfortable… and it was so strange to realize that he is real! The first thing I thought when I saw him was: “So, he does exist… and I am here!!!”

But nothing can be compared to the show I saw that Sunday… my best Sunday ever! I was in the front row at the afternoon performance and it was so special… John, his guitar, the sunlight, the sky, the idea of being in the middle of the ocean… and singing my “Good Love” at the top of my lungs!

And the night show was even better… everything was so perfect. “Vultures” was supreme, and also “I Don’t Trust Myself”… and yes, “Clarity” really encapsulated the whole experience of the Mayercraft.

In the end, while he invited us to keep on singing “you can’t love too much one part of it” he left us with the best words I wanted to be left by him… I think we all know them… “I believe that my life’s gonna see the love I give returned to me”.

See you in Europe, John. Or anywhere you’d like to play. You know we'll be there.

Here some photos from the Lido Deck:



No comments:

Subscribe Now

Tweet This

Chronicle Entries

Add to Technorati Favorites

SiteMeter