A place to collect the internet buzzings on what was the most exciting and fun cruise EVAH!

Thursday, February 7, 2008

TryJM: Lindsay's Mayercraft Carrier Blog No. 1

Lindsay's Mayercraft Carrier Blog No. 1

Aloha Mayer fans (note: they do not say aloha in the Bahamas but I felt it needed to be added in for tropical effect.)

Lindsay from team JM here... We are currently docked in Freeport, and I just got off the deck after a long afternoon of sun/clouds/bahama mamas. The weather keeps going in and out but is definitely not taking away from the atmosphere here on the ship.

We arrived yesterday to a beautiful day in Miami... And set sail near 5pm as Brett Dennen rocked the Lido Deck for our "Bon Voyage" party. Brett's set was incredible - if you're not a fan, you probably haven't seen him cover Bob Marley's "Could You Be Loved" on a cruise ship as the sun sets. If you're still not a fan, I really have nothing else to say to you. He brought the party out (with a wonderful introduction by John himself).

We're all having such a blast on the ship - I wish you were here. And I really mean that in a 'all John Mayer fans deserve an experience like this' kind of way. You owe it to yourselves.

John's set last night in the Caribbean Lounge only gained more energy as the night went on. I can't even begin to explain how I wish you could have all experienced it. A little Something's Missing acoustic with In Your Atmosphere in the middle. And of course I can't forget the tease "I want to live in a wooden house... Making more friends would be easy...". Man, I haven't heard that live since around 2002.

Anyway, you want it. Here it is.

John Mayer Setlist Numero Uno

Belief
Good Love Is On the Way
A little jam > Trust Myself
No Such Thing
Slow Dancing (I Can't Make You Love Me Tease)
Waiting
Doctor (dude, CRAZY JAM)
Bigger Than My Body
Portable Intro > Speech about how much he loves his fans> Why GA
Vultures
"Get Funky">Stronger
Gravity (w/ I've Got Dreams to Remember)

Encore:
Something's Missing acoustic> In Your Atmosphere> Something's Missing (Wooden House tease)
Wait Til Tomorrow (solo electric w/ a WDYTIW tease at the end)
Intro "I'm short of good enough"> Heart of Life Full Band (w/ an In Repair tease)
Find Another You


Thank god for my blackberry skills during the show.

After a night of great music, a few too many drinks and amazing conversations, I'm heading to bed. I mean, it's only like 4am.

Lindsay

Oh, and PS - DRH and Bob say "hhheyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!"




Thanks a lot to Lindsay for taking the time to write a blog for us stay-at-homes! Just amazing!

No comments:

Subscribe Now

Tweet This

Chronicle Entries

Add to Technorati Favorites

SiteMeter