A place to collect the internet buzzings on what was the most exciting and fun cruise EVAH!

Thursday, February 7, 2008

TryJM: Lindsay's Mayercraft Carrier Blog No. 2

Lindsay's Mayercraft Carrier Blog No. 2

Hey guys!

Lindsay here again. I hope no matter where you woke up this morning, you had a beautiful view like me when you looked out your window. We are somewhere in the middle of the ocean sailing our way back to Miami. Today's a big day for the band and crew and I can't wait for it to get started.

L83 fans are gathering this afternoon for a Q&A with JM - I'll do my best to transcribe what bits I hear and get it up on here tonight. Then John will rock the Lido Deck before it's time to bring out the JETS jersey and prepare for the Superbowl. And by prepare I mean drink heavily while playing intense flip cup. And, yes, I know the Jets aren't in the Superbowl. I came to the realization it might never happen again a long time ago.

Anyway, back to the cruise. Last night there were live tunes all over the ship. Brett Dennen, Martin Sexton, Colbie Caillat and Brandi Carlisle all rocked the Caribbean Lounge til 1am. One of my favorite sets of the night however was definitely Bob Reynolds's. DRH sat in at the end to cover a real great 60's soul/jazz tune by Les McCann called "Compared to What". David's voice dominated and I can't wait for his solo set this afternoon.

DJ Dela and DJ Logic ran the disco floor all night spinning classic 70s songs among dancin' grooves. Dela said he'll make me a mix of some of the songs - maybe I'll list them here so you guys can have your own dance party at home.

Other highlights of the night included: JJ and Bob sitting in with Soulive outside until 2:30am on the Lido Deck. (You guys gotta go check 'em out.) Also, Gabe Dixon and Matt Mangano playing with Dave Barnes during sunset as everyone happy hour-ed on the deck.

Tonight's the last JM show - I'll do my best to get the setlists up here at the end of the night for all you who couldn't be here. Look out for some more pictures too!

See you tomorrow in Miami... And then New York :-)

Lindsay



Again, thanks so much to Lindsay for updating us this weekend! :-)

No comments:

Subscribe Now

Tweet This

Chronicle Entries

Add to Technorati Favorites

SiteMeter