A place to collect the internet buzzings on what was the most exciting and fun cruise EVAH!

Monday, February 25, 2008

MySpace: Barnes' aka SocialCasualty's MCC Blog

Argh!!!!!!!!!


I can't get the layout on this one right. So, if the layout is buggy for you too, click over to MySpace to read it. Sorry. I'll fix it when I get the time.
-------------------------------------

Thursday, February 21, 2008


- MCC Friday, Feb 1st
Current mood: drained



On the seemingly greatest day of my life, 9:30 am, I got a phone call that changed my life. I waited for this cruise for 8 months. Counting the days down, making t-shirts, making door decorations, the anticipation…all overshadowed by some really shitty news.

Bad news never had good timing….

Moving on, after the tears were temporarily dried and the car was packed up, Amy, Mom and I jumped in the car and headed for the Port of Miami. The closer we got, the more I wanted to barf out of excitement. The first "event" of the day was whoever wore the funniest / craziest shirt won $100 onboard spending credit. I thought for SURE one of the three of us would win. Of course we didn't. We lost out to some douchebags that put feathers on their shirts. The girl's shirt said "Chick" and the guy's shirt said "Rooster".


The shirts should have said "stupid shirt" and "cocksucker" they didn't deserve to win. Oh well. My shirt rocked, here's the front and the back:

Front:


Back:


My shirt represented the Taracraft Carrier. I figured, if I wanted to be on a boat with John Mayer, he should want to be on a boat full of me. I'm fun, people like me. ;)

Before we get on board, I learn our tickets for the 2nd Mayer headlining show are in the 3rd row center!! (You were only guaranteed access to one of two headlining shows, and the show on the Lido deck for everyone at the same time.) I also noticed in my envelope that I got a ticket to go to a Question and Answer Session with Mayer!!! The only question I wanted to ask is if I could get a pic with him, and then have sex with him in his bathroom on board. More on the Q&A later.


So we finally get on board, head straight up to the lido deck. Not even there 2 minutes and Amy and I have a drink in our hand. I recommend the "Fun Ship" drink. You can't go wrong with a cherry in a drink. We ate a little bit of lunch at 11:30 and realized the rumors are true. The food on Carnival sucks ass. Half of it was unrecognizable and I felt like I was eating something with the word "Surprise" in it, which I make a habit of not doing. Pasta Surprise…Chicken Surprise. I don't want to be surprised when it comes to my food. I decided to continue drinking the "Fun Ship" drinks.

We were able to get to the rooms right after we ate our breadsticks and hotdogs. I have to say, I was surprised (a good surprise) at how nice the room was. I dreaded checking out the bathroom. I'm a bathroom snob. I remember on Royal Caribbean the shower had a glass enclosure and there wasn't enough room to bend over to wash from your knees down. You had to kinda squirt some soap by your knees, rub and hope the friction would get you clean enough to get away with for a week. Carnival just had a shower curtain. Hooray for clean feet!! Of course, this means the floor will be wet, but I called first shower so it wasn't my problem to deal with. Granted, you could lean forward and brush your teeth in the sink while you were sitting on the toilet, but that could come in handy after a night of heavy drinking...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KD7fVr2DAC0

As a bonus, everyone on board got an AKOG bag which was pretty sweet.


I was going to buy one, and now I don't have to! At this point, Amy and mom started decorating the door for the "Best Door Ever" contest, which we ended up winning $100 onboard spending credits!!






So we drop off our stuff, and I grab Victoria to run around the ship to drop off the tags I made to get the MCC Mafia members to show up for a photo-op.
I sent out an email on the message boards with a clue that people would be getting something on their doors from me before 5pm the first day. SIDE NOTE - Since I was named "The Godfather" of the MCC Mafia, I'm making an official proclamation that we all either need to be on the same floor, or all on the same side of the ship. Victoria and I walked all up and down the hallways of EVERY DAMN FLOOR. I'm not doing that shit again. Anyway, more on that stuff later.I can't upload the video explaining the tags. I'm working on it and will make another post with it later.

After the tags were dropped off and we figured out what floor Mayer was staying on (7th floor) I ran into Melanie


and I think Kara (sorry if it wasn't you Kara – I have a crappy memory) on one of the floors. She told me she just ran into Colbie Caillat and she was a bitch. Not even two seconds later, Colbie comes around the corner. I said hi, she totally snubbed me. Bitch, you've got one song out, and will most likely be a one hit wonder, who are you to snub me!? Her friend Bree posted on the message boards (think Trace Ayala trying to cash in on his best friend) and so I figured well…if Colbie is gonna snub me, I'm gonna make her friend feel awkward. I told Melanie to hold on a sec and I said "BREE??!" She looked at me, I ran over and said, "OMG I'm socialcasualty – its so nice to meet you from the boards!" I then leaned in and gave her a hug, which I know she was totally uncomfortable. Colbie looked at her like "WTF" and I was like "K bye!" and went back to Melanie and Kara, who were laughing. Colbie and crew got on an elevator, and I said I was going to tell everyone that she was a bitch. Got up to the Lido Deck, ran into the Mafia and told them all she was a bitch. Snapped this pic of her at the pool with her stupid hat on.

This rumor spread like wildfire around the ship. She had snubbed about 10 people at that point and everyone pretty much avoided her like the plague. Melanie told me later that Colbie found her on the ship a few hours later, said that she heard that Melanie was telling people she was a bitch and apologized to her. She never apologized to me, so I'm still stating on record that she is a bitch. More on Colbie later.

At this point Katie (if you are a big enough fan of Mayer, you know who Katie is) walked behind me and I stopped her to say hello. She knows me enough from being at all the Mayer events, so we chatted for about 30 seconds. She asked if I was going to the first or second Mayer show. I told her I was going to the second and she said, well who are you here with? I told her technically 3 people, but in a group of 30. "How many are here right now?" she said. Counting really quickly, I said "Ten…why what's going on?" Katie then handed me 10 blue bracelets that got us all into the first headlining Mayer show. I almost pissed in my pants. I thanked her, got mobbed by a bunch of people I didn't know, and gave out most of the bracelets to the Mafia.


Out of nowhere, someone screamed OH MY GOD THERE IS JOHN!!! So I walked to the edge of the deck, looked down, and there he was right under me.



http://youtube.com/watch?v=ao_nWEm0BtU

Unfortunately, that was the closest I got to being on top of Mayer on board. I was unusually calm considering the man was at my feet (as he should be) and so he waved to everyone, walked up a few steps and was pretty much mobbed. It was like the paparazzi were there. I heard someone say "Tara go get him!!" but I just kept saying "If it is meant to be, it will be, I'm not going to stalk him." I eventually walked a few feet closer to him and snapped a pic because I figured this would be the closest I'd get to seeing him chill out on board and I wanted to take advantage.


At this point, the horn went off for Muster. I screamed for Amy, who was drunk already, to go down to our rooms to get our lifejackets.

Don't ask me who that guy is. Amy was joking around with him and he said he was forever in our pic. F!

It was then time to head up to the Bon Voyage party on the Lido Deck with Brett Dennen. They served free drinks in bad ass hypercolor cups (Amy you owe me a few of those btw) and the drinking continued. Amy and I walked around with about 7 cups, most of which Amy drank. I managed to get near the stage just in time for the ship to blow the horn to leave port during Brett's performance, which was pretty funny.



http://youtube.com/watch?v=Kx1SXHB5sds

Anyway, I lost Amy somewhere and decided to walk around. It wasn't hard to find Mafia members, we were all over the place. I said hello to everyone and eventually ended up on top of the Lido Deck near Lisa and AC and a few other Mafia members.



At this point, Boyle came over and said "What are you drinking?" It was just fruit punch. He gave me a bottle of "water" which has since been named Boyle Juice and is MCC famous. I added some to my juice, and the following few hours became a blur. If you join us for MCC09, DO NOT drink the Boyle Juice. Check out the "I was drunk" section for photos I can't explain. I apparently got around the ship, because the next day, people were like HEY TARA!!! I don't want to know what happened. I somehow ended up with my mom in line at the Merch area, bought 3 shirts and 2 posters, and got brought back to the room to pass out. I found out later that Amy was already there since about 8pm passed out in bed. The room was spinning….I had to take a nap. I completely forgot about getting into the first John Mayer headlining show……

More blogs from the boat coming soon!

No comments:

Subscribe Now

Tweet This

Chronicle Entries

Add to Technorati Favorites

SiteMeter