A place to collect the internet buzzings on what was the most exciting and fun cruise EVAH!

Monday, March 10, 2008

MySpace.com - Jamie: Travel Blog (now with pictures)

This is another MySpace blog that I'm having difficulty readjusting to Blogger size. She's got some good, but huge, pictures. Just click over to MySpace to check it out. At least, you know it's there ;)

Thursday, February 14, 2008


11:53 PM - Travel Blog (now with pictures!)
Current mood: tired
Category: Excited for Mayercraft 2009!!! Life

As some of you may or may not know... I just had the best time of my life thanks to John Mayer and friends. So right off the bat, even if he never reads this, I'd like to thank the man for making it all happen.

January 31st I landed in Miami and the smell of the air instantly brought back many memories from when I had a cottage there. Man did I ever miss that place. I met up with my friend Josh at the airport (after a small luggage discrepancy on his behalf!) and we were off with a crazy taxi driver on our way to our hotel. As soon as we settled in we were off to South Beach for the day to do some swimming and shopping and dinning, then at night we headed back to our hotel to wash up (and take a photo adventure) and headed to a blues bar downtown who were hosting an open mic to have some drinks before we settled in for the night. Cool people, cool music, warm water, perfect start to our vacation!

We woke up on time to get ready and head over to port to catch our cruise. I was pretty excited but I wasn't quite aware of just how much fun the whole thing would be. this was my first cruise and thank god it was hosted by John Mayer and had a bunch of musicians on board because I wouldn't have a cruise any other way. so we get on the boat, skip our life jacket drill because I think at this time we were already wired and buzzing from those very strong cruise cocktails, and ended up meeting our weekend buddies which included Ian and his mom and aunt. Cool people, we had a blast with them all weekend. So I'm not going to go over the whole cruise because I had too much fun and would go on forever but I'll give you the rundown. Saw 3 John Mayer shows (thanks for being drunk 2 of those 3, seriously though it was awesome and you still played your heart out). Only slept 2-4 hours a night. Sherrod Small is HILARIOUS live. Colbie Caillat is a total sweetheart. Ran in to sherrod so many times we adopted a high five greeting every time we saw each other. Thanks John for the shot at the disco. Bahamas is a beautiful place to chill and have a dip. Watching the sun rise from the side of a ship is one of the best sunrises I have ever seen. Mara is was awesome meeting you, your just as cool in person as on the phone following a certain someone's bus. Shannon I'm glad we got to hang on the beach! Hi, to Bob Reynolds manager (I know we chilled a hell of a lot but I'm so sorrry I still forgot your name!). And last but not least, I do hope John makes the Borat swim suit a tradition.

So suffice to say going back to the airport after the cruise was a little depressing. Beside being in the same terminal as John & Co. And to tell you the truth landing in Toronto was even more depressing because of the snow. But just when I though it was over I find myself in Montreal (ok so I knew it wasn't over yet). Funny thing is, I don't think my sleep has caught up with me yet because I ended up here a day early thinking it was Friday. Ummm yup, it's Thursday and I'm a tired idiot. So I'm attending another event tomorrow and a concert on Saturday then doing the 6 hour drive back home. And if I'm not falling asleep at the wheel by then I might stop in Manhattan to the Comedy Cellar and a nights stay. We'll see what happens and save the rest for Travel Blog 2.

Anyways, to everyone I met on the cruise, at the airport, and on the beaches in Miami and Bahamas, it's been a pleasure and I hope we can all do it again next year! Mayercraft 2009 anyone?!?!?



Leaving Miami




John's first show (sobriety 4/10)


Focus... FOCUS!


Freeport, Bahamas.






Sunset (nostalgia at its finest).




Local 83 Q&A, it's blurry because I felt weird taking pictures for this so I shot a quick one.




John's lido deck performance (sobriety 3ish/10).




Superbowl under the sunset



John's second show (sobriety 2/10... oops, was a little intoxicated!).


No comments:

Subscribe Now

Tweet This

Add to Technorati Favorites

SiteMeter