A place to collect the internet buzzings on what was the most exciting and fun cruise EVAH!

Monday, March 10, 2008

MySpace.com - Black Butterfly: Mayercraft Cruise circuit-breaker reset

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Mayercraft Cruise: circuit-breaker reset

Just some backstory for the photos.

Wow, I think my circuits shorted out after this cruise because I'm just getting back into the swing of things again. Sensory overload, for sure. I'm still trying to piece back together what actually happened...thank goodness for the concert tapers because I've got a nice round of mp3s for the iPod now.

Being a lover of music it was just authentically rapturous and good God, exactly what the doctor asked for in terms of an escape. For every upside there's a downside. It was too short!

I met some of the coolest women on this boat. Yes, as in grown women. I call them John Mayer's Divas...no one can touch them. I aspire to be like them when I grow up. They seemed impressed when they learned of what I do for a living (I guess they think I look young) but I was so impressed with them and appreciative that they took me under their wing. So I gotta shout out to John Mayer's Divas, hope to see you again next year! Yes, yes I'll join Local 83 eventually. (Bite me diehard superfans, I like to go against the grain. Oh yeah, I said it.)

And I didn't catch all the bands this year, but this is with a measure of regret. No pics with John Mayer, booo, hisss! Brett Dennen was awesome, especially when he started moving his hips when he was really groovin'! Props. And in the 1min:30sec I met him to take a picture, he seemed like a sweet person. Good get, Maya! "I just bought your album!"..."Kewl." LOL

James Smith and Sherrod Smalls were funny as hell. I know people were squirming in their chairs. And James, I had my eye on you, man...you were talking about Oprah and Obama in the same sentence. I had my poison dart shooter poised man, but you pulled a save. Sherrod reminds me of my cousin Mookie, but he's funny anyway.

Then a nap and time to DISCO! OH mine eyes, mine eyes. "Nobody knows, the trouble I seen...." There were some goings on on the dance floor and that's always fun to watch in between the whoop, whoop, shaking that ass, whoop whoop! Whoops, it's 3:30AM.

Next day, I don't remember much...I had a Bahama Mama which primed my brain for all kinds of mass confusion later after having only 3.5-4 hours sleep the night before. I was excited, how could I sleep? But all that didn't temper my internal database of useless 80s trivia and the 80s Trivia Contest is where I met John Mayer's Divas. They rock! And they don't look like your typical John Mayer fan (ya'll know who you are). It was nice to have a conversation about the main reason most of us were on the boat to begin with. As we left that venue, we said "Yo" to JJ (drummer in JM's band) and snapped a pic. Do you know how many times I must have heard you play, dude? Not to mention the repeat button that's in my head? After I woke up again, we saw a couple of really funky bands. Loved it! Great sounds. "Da Bomb Squad" (was that girl on "American Idol"?) and "Soulive". Good grooves. Maya, good get again. You got our mugs taken with the lead in Soulive too.

OK, then the DISCO again! Whoop, whoop! Got a picture with Sherrod. That's pretty cool, I watch "Best Week Ever" religiously. Yeah, I meant to say religiously. I should have gotten a pic with James Smith. He was funny. Dern.

Of course, the third day was just bliss. Two John Mayer concerts, which c'mon ya'll, he's phenomenal. I missed some hijinks on the high seas, but it's been photo-documented for those who missed it. We met up with John Mayer's Divas again. The Lido Deck concert was very cozy. No room for modesty...thanks fart guy. And the best part was watching him dig in his ass afterwards (fart guy, not John Mayer), remember that Maya? Sweet. But who cares, John Mayer was topless, woo-hoo!

Then the new find that I KNEW I would enjoy was David Ryan Harris. Wow, he's really good, people. So before you stop doggin' my ass for putting "Pretty Girl" on my myspace player because you think I'm a vain heiffer, I put it up there because I enjoyed hearing it in the show and it takes me back there. BOO-YAH! No, THAT'S a picture I should have gotten, DRH is a cool cat.

We got to sit with the John Mayer Divas again (they saved a prime seat for us all, THEY REALLY ROCK, love them) and we had a ball. DRH is hilarious and his lyrics are great to follow. And man, he can knock them back and still bring the floor to their feet. Personally, I'd have been drooling and leaning into the mike because I have no tolerance. Impressive, DRH. Then I fell asleep so I could take in the Big Kahuna's show later. And it was just awe-inspiring to see John Mayer play live. If you have a heart, you'll love it. He puts his heart into it. I'm not sure how to put it into words without doing that show an injustice. I'm just glad someone taped it for us.

Had to go home. I was happy, because I know there will be another. I was sad, because it went by too fast and there were some pics that were not taken that should have been. Who likes loose ends? It's hard to recreate the sensations of that experience mentally, but it's not impossible. It's like a maze with hidden rooms and every now and then you happen upon a memory that puts you right back there. So some of ya'll people should go next year but not all of ya'll, you ain't squeezing my ass out!

Dern, I didn't get a picture of John Mayer's Divas either. Well I had meant to, ladies. I didn't know I'd sleep through the entire SuperBowl. My intentions had been to come back to say goodbye and to thank you for everything. Much love.

Awesome. THE END.

No comments:

Subscribe Now

Tweet This

Add to Technorati Favorites

SiteMeter