A place to collect the internet buzzings on what was the most exciting and fun cruise EVAH!

Sunday, March 9, 2008

John Mayer Won't Date No Fatgirl: Valentine

Valentine

Well, here it is Valentine's Day. Whoop-de-fuckin' do. But it's made me reminisce and I thought I'd share.

It seems that February is kind of a Mayer month for me. LOL. Last year it was me chasing him around the mid-west for two weeks. This year it was the Mayercraft carrier.

One year ago today I was standing in an auditorium, watching my second John Mayer concert ever. I was fairly buzzed and extremely happy. Earlier that day I'd met Amy for the first time. Together we'd slammed a few Raspberry UV and Sprite drinks and gabbed like we'd known each other for forever. And that night, there I stood: slightly swaying to the music and giggling like the drunk girl I was about "spending my Valentine's with John Mayer." It's amazing the things that change in a year, no? I would show you pictures or play you some of the audio from that night, but sadly, it was all on my old laptop that was stolen out of my car a week later.

I remember how incredibly special that night was, however. I didn't mind the freezing cold because I was happy and a little (ok a lot) drunk. John rocked my socks off that night. From the 10th row I watched in a bit of a drunken haze and he was just so amazing. I remember as I heard the first chords of "Comfortable" whipping my cell phone out of my bag and calling Shannon. If she said anything to me, I couldn't hear. (I never could hear a damn thing on that phone, so I guess it's a blessing the thieves who stole my backpack full of goodies forced me to get a new phone.) Pity I was too chicken to talk to Chad back then. (he still makes me nervous... funny isn't it?)

After the show we headed back to our hotel which had been "just across the parking lot" from the venue. What they FAILED to mention was that the parking lot was the size of damn Texas and even at a near jog it took 10 minutes from Venue to Hotel. But at least there wasn't any drunk driving on my end that night.

I remember Jim calling me at about 2 or 3 in the morning to tell me his flight to Chicago had gotten all effed up. Too incoherent to do much else, I told him to call me when his plane landed in the morning. So imagine my disorientation and confusion when he called me at 8 am to tell me he'd made it to Chicago. It was a pretty dim light bulb that went off in my head, reminding me he'd called the night before. I might even have been still drunk as I started off to meet up with him in Chicago. A year later he's now one of my best friends and I'm his personal manager. Crazy.

In the last year I've met so many incredible people. The other day I was going through my friend list on MySpace and it really struck me how many people I've met in person over the last year. If you look at my page you'll see I have the top 40 up. I've met every single one on that list in person with the exception of 5. To fit all the people I've met on my friends list I'd probably need a top 100. I'm not saying that to brag (ok, well, not much) but because it kind of blows my mind in a way. Every single person on my top 40 has changed my life in some way or another. That's why they're there. Even DRH, Dela and Pat...and I've met THEM all too! LOL!

Maybe the reason I'm feeling all introspective is because today is the day to celebrate relationships. I've always disliked this day, but I think a big part of that is because when you're single this day just seems to amplify everything. It's not easy being single on a normal day. Most of the time, I don't really think about it honestly. It's my life, right? It just sort of IS. Last year I didn't even think about it because I was so busy having fun, on a trip and meeting new people. This year, I'm home alone (the roomie is out of town for work) and my phone has been strangely (or maybe NOT so strangely) quiet. I think it's just one of those days that puts the "lonely" in alone.

Everyone always says, "You'll find the right guy! You're such a *insert positive adjective* girl!" To that I say, "Bah fucking humbug!" Maybe I will, maybe I won't. At 35, I've sort of come to terms with being alone and most days I'm ok with it. Maybe it's the path I was meant to take in this lifetime.

But it still sucks balls.

Right now I'd love to be nekkid and squirting chocolate syrup on my guy.
*cough*

What??

Instead I'll probably check my email, avoid some work and dig through my library to find another book to read. (I already finished the one I started at lunch.) And you know? I'll be ok. Even though my CAT won't even cuddle with me tonight.

She's such a picky bitch.

Guess that makes us a matched set.

Happy Fucking Valentine's Day

No comments:

Subscribe Now

Tweet This

Add to Technorati Favorites

SiteMeter