A place to collect the internet buzzings on what was the most exciting and fun cruise EVAH!

Monday, March 10, 2008

LiveJournal - Kittenblues11: Mayercraft - Day 6

Mayercraft - Day 6

  • Feb. 27th, 2008 at 10:13 PM

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Today was our only day at sea on the Mayercraft. Now because we were all up so late the previous night - we all got to sleep in just a bit. I think we were all up by 10am. We got dressed and what not and then headed over to the main theater for a Local-83 invite only Question & Answer session with John Mayer! Awesome! So we get down there about 30 mins. before they open the doors just so we can make sure we get good seats. We get in....John comes out....and answers questions for like 45 mins. If you have not heard it yet...get onto MSM and download Debbie's recording....it was pretty great. John was very hung over..haha
Photobucket

ok - Q & A over - we make a mad dash over to the Lido Deck - John is giving a 45 min. show! We were able to find a pretty awesome spot for just getting there an hour before the show started. I heard that there were some people that had been waiting for 7 and a half hours...now THAT is crazy. I went and got some burgers and fries for us to eat while we waited for we were famished! The show started and the man CAMEOUTWITHNOSHIRTON BAHHHHHHH. I nearly died.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

It was hands down the BEST...well....one of the best concerts I had ever been to. He played quite a few songs that he had not played in years....we also got "Say" and song he has not played live yet. Now....I was able to get a bit of video....video to come....

a few songs into the show...John had to take a "piss" and something happened....ok ok...every JM show that I go to....I;ve always wished that DRH (John's back up guitar player) would break into a little "Pretty Girl". I'm a huge DRH fan and have NEVER seen him perform live. So as John says he needs to go take a piss and leaves the stage...Davis Ryan Harris does what? Starts singing Pretty Girl. I nearly fainted.....and when John came back....he joined in!!!! BAHHHHHH DREAM NUMBER 405 COME TRUE!




After the Lido deck show we booted over to another stage for the only DRH show. We had awesome seats waiting for us thanks to friends....and it was the best show ever! I've waited 4 years for see DRH live....and it was freaking awesome!!!!!!!!
Photobucket





After DRH....we are wiped...sheesh...it's been a long day of concerts....but wait...it's time for the Superbowl! They broadcast the game on all the TV's on the ship including the jumbo one on the Lido deck. As I was passing by...I ran into Jenny....one of only 3 Vancouverites on the ship! Woooohoooo! I was wearing my BC Lions Jersey....so what better time for a photo op?
Photobucket

Now....time for dinner. Between all the drinking and everything....by the time dinner came...I was just done. I only ate half of my dinner and did not even order dessert! The waiters all sang to us....Waiting on the World to Change...it was pretty funny...they all had cue cards.
Photobucket

Dinner is over....but wait....one more concert....John Mayer's second main show!!!!!!! Dinner ended at 9 and show started at 10:30........so we are there in our seats (errr, place to stand) by 10:00pm. The show f'ing rocked!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


The last song of the night.... Martin Sexton came out and they did a song together....FREAKING AWESOME!

Photobucket


1am - and I'm just beat. I know tomorrow morning we dock in Miami and Mayercraft will be over....so instead to going to the club to dance the night away with the rest of the girls....I got some beers (and a smoke) and headed up to the Lido deck, alone, to just relax and take everything in. It had pretty much been one of the best weeks of my life....and I just needed to reflect.

Photobucket

No comments:

Subscribe Now

Tweet This

Add to Technorati Favorites

SiteMeter